Wednesday 1 November 2017

WOYWW 439

Morning gentle WOYWW crafters. I hope I find you well today on the 1st day of November. This time last year we were in the middle of my Mum's house move, I can't believe a year has whizzed past!!

Anyway, here's my desk as of last night.


I've been asked to make a suitcase gift box for a friend to give a travel voucher in. This is the 2nd attempt but I'm quite pleased with it. I just want to add some travel bits and pieces and tickets to the front and somewhere for her to write a greeting on and then I'm done. I hope she likes it.

I can also share a birthday card I made a week or so ago as it's been safely received now. All Sheena Douglass stamps and some distress inks splodged about.


It was half term last week and we managed to get out and about, including a day in Ambleside in The Lake District. The sun kept threatening to come out and it managed to stay dry and made for some lovely photos. It's still one of my favourite places in the country.


I also had a few days in the garden, which is still looking really colourful thanks to the mild autumn up to now.


Well, that's me today. If you want to share your workspace with us, then pop over to WOYWW headquarters and join in.

Have a lovely Wednesday whatever you are up too and Happy Crafting!

15 comments:

Annie said...

How clever are you with making the suitcase? I’m sure it will be just perfect when you’ve finished it.
I love the autumn colours too but have to say Spring is my fav season with all its promise of warmer days to come.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

sandra de said...

Hello Lisa, you do live in a beautiful part of the world. The pic of Ambleside is stunning. Gorgeous card the stamped magnolia just makes me want to get the paints out. Have a lovely week.
sandra de

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, that suitcase gift box is brilliant, what a clever way to give a token...so much better than an envelope! Tell me about the last year, I simply don't know where it has gone, so much has happened and we've done so much....I'm hoping that 2018 will be less manic but I'm not holding my breath :-D. Lovely garden pics - I discovered a great garden centre near me yesterday and bought some plants ready for the great Garden makeover next year!
Hugs LLJ 13 xxxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Lisa. What a lovely idea - a suitcase in which to put a travel voucher. Well done - nearly there! Days in the Lake District - sheer bliss - I love Ambleside and thereabouts. Glad the day was so good.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Lisa, I love the loose coloured background on that card. with the stamping over the top. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

BJ said...

What a great way to give a travel voucher and super card, quite dreamy. If I didn't get a lot of photos on each 12x12 page I'd have more than the 16 or so 60 page albums I already have! Thanks for your visit BJ#1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Lisa, I think thats a fab idea for giving a voucher in. Looks beautiful. My garden needs some TLC, me being in hospital has thrown me completely behind with it. Never mind, it'll get sorted. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card that is and the case for the voucher is so clever . Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Busy desk Lisa and gorgeous card, love the colours you've included. Happy woyww, Angela x11x

Kathleen said...

The suitcase gift box looks brilliant and so does the gorgeous card, love the colours and images.
Garden looks great, unlike mine, Hubby had purge and cute everything down, phew, he is not fir to be let loose in the garden.

Kath x

Ellie said...

Very creative way of giving the vouchers, it looks great so far. Beautiful birthday card also.

Ellie #35

CraftygasheadZo said...

You've been busy - great makes. Take care Zo xx 26

Shoshi said...

What a lovely idea, making a little suitcase to put the travel voucher in, Lisa. Makes the gift even more special. I love the birthday card you have made - such gorgeous colours and a beautiful background! Your Lake District photo took me right back to the lovely holidays we used to have up there - so beautiful.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #5

Julia Dunnit said...

Love that you make the most of living where you do, us armchair travellers are very pleased! That suitcase is a great idea and is looking good, how many times have I ended up making more than one for a 'quick' commission because I dont trust what I've done initially! You have no worries on that score. Love the floral card and the modest way you describe the use of the inks!

Monica said...

The photo of the Lake District brings back many happy memories. So happy to see that it is not squandered by estates. What a clever idea to make a suitcase rather than an envelope.
Monica #2